Thursday, February 4, 2010

My last morning in Baker

Today I head back to Portland. It's been an incredible four weeks here, and I'll miss EOMA and Baker tremendously. I'm glad it's only about 5 hours away; I look forward to visiting during the summer and coming back next January for another rotation, which will include the medical mission to Honduras with Dr. Schott and company. :)

This morning I updated the whiteboard in my apartment. It's full of great recommendations already, but I added D&B Supply (love this place!), Inland Cafe, Paizano's, El Erradero, Chameleon Cafe, and Truck Corral (Dr. Schott tells me this is a cultural experience in itself. Cindy said the best time to go there is 1AM lol). I'll be heading to Truck Corral on my way out of town.


It was a wonderful last day at EOMA and St. Elizabeth. Dr. Schott and I rounded on our patients in the morning and then headed back to EOMA. Cindy took me out to lunch; we went to El Erradero. So good!! I can't believe I almost didn't go there this trip. Some of the tastiest Mexican food. Thank you, Cindy!!


Back in clinic, I joined Dr. Schott and saw three patients, one of which I have seen three times now. It felt apropros seeing him and his daughter on my last day.

A very special patient with whom I met a few times. :)
(Photo taken with patient's permission)

Dr. Schott and I worked on notes and then headed to the hospital to check on our patients. I said goodbye to the two I have been following as well as the nurses that worked on the Med-Surg unit.

James (RT), Jaimie (RN), Riley (RN) at Med-Surg

Shortly therafter, Dr. Schott and I joined Dawn and the boys at the Geiser Grand for their famous pasta night! It was a lovely dinner with the Schotts. I am so grateful for their hospitality and friendship! It's been awesome spending these past four weeks with them, and I look forward to seeing them in January if not sooner. :)

Dawn, Steven, Dr. Schott, and Alexander

After dinner, I went back to EOMA and gathered up my belongings and headed home. I was sad to leave EOMA; it's been such a home away from home. I think I spent more time there than at my apartment! Everyone at EOMA is so tight-knit; they truly are a family and I will miss them dearly!!

Well, I must get to packing. I've got a 5-hour long drive ahead of me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good road conditions!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Stephanie, Jon's office is just not the same without you there. Safe travels to you, can't wait to see you and Mike here next year!

    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aaron! Thanks for your message. You're right about Dr. Schott's office in that it's probably a lot neater! ;) I miss you all so much!! I look forward to seeing you again in January if not sooner!
    Best wishes,
    Stephanie
    (I'm still new to blogging, do people write comments on their own blog like I'm doing now?)

    ReplyDelete