Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Geiser Grand Hotel

I had a chance to go to the beautiful Geiser Grand Hotel tonight. St. Luke's from Boise hosted a dinner for some of their providers and physicians and staff from EOMA to meet and discuss patient care.

The dinner was held in the Wine Cellar, which somehow reminded me of the Fantastic Mr. Fox movie for those of you who have seen it (excellent movie BTW!).

I had a chance to meet a cardiologist who I will join tomorrow when she does the first stress echo at EOMA. Echos are done every Thursday, and this will be the first time ever that the stress test component is included.

After dinner, I had a chance to stroll around the hotel. The banquet halls are gorgeous, and the interior is delightful. Mike's dad, Kip, gave me an article, which provided some background on the hotel. A quote from the article, "A tour of the restored Geiser is like a walk back in time," rings true. It feels like you've entered another era when you're in the Grand.

Palm Court
(last two photos from Geiser Grand's website)

No comments:

Post a Comment